When you choose me as your astrologer, you'll benefit from my 22 years of experience as an astrologer, and my training and 26 years of experience as a Jungian psychotherapist, along with my extensive background in spirituality, and the arts (click here for more about my background).
I present your reading in an understandable, engaging style that speaks to your heart as well as your head, and that offers you valuable guidance and support that will leave you feeling energized, empowered, and hopeful.
My astrology session are 2 hours and 15 minutes long, so we have the opportunity to more fully explore your chart and the ways it can help you to live a richer, more meaningful life. All readings include an MP3 recording of the session, and copies of all relevant charts.
What comes first? How do you get started?
Before I can do any astrological work for you, I need your "birth data," which includes the following three pieces of information:
- your date of (day, month, year)
- your place of birth (city, state, county, country)
- you exact time of birth, down to the minute. This can often be found on your birth certificate, or by contacting the hospital where you were born. An exact birth time is crucial for doing accurate astrology; an error of even a few minutes can make a notable difference in your chart. If you need further help finding an accurate birth time, call me at 206-523-1340, or send me an email.
What are the next steps?
- Choose the type of reading you want. Most clients begin with a birth chart session, then move on to a current cycles session. For details, see below.
- Choose whether you want to do the reading in person at my office, live via phone, or direct-to-recording. For details, see below.
- Decide how you'll pay--cash, check, or via PayPal. For information on my fees, and details about how to pay, see below.
- Contact me to schedule a session. You can call me at (206) 523-1340 or send me an email.
Types of astrology readings I offer:
There are many different types of astrology, just as there are many different areas of expertise in counseling, the law, medicine, and other professions. In my practice, I focus primarily on two types of astrology readings that help with your personal development: Birth Charts, and Current Cycles (transits and progressions). I also offer a specialized type of relationship reading known as "Synastry." Here are the details about each of these:
Birth Chart Interpretation. A birth chart (also called a "natal" chart) is the starting point for any astrological work. It speaks to the question "Why am I here?" It describes the next steps in your healing and your growth, the psychological and spiritual lessons you are here to learn. It offers suggestions for optimal functioning in key areas like relationships, career, creativity, spirituality, finances, education, and more. It sheds light on the gifts you've been given, and how best to use them. It allows you to glimpse what it might look like when you get off track (astrology's version of those street signs that say "Wrong Way!") and how to get back on track. And it helps you engage your freedom, consciousness, imagination, creativity, and will to make wiser choices for a more meaningful life. A birth chart reading is what you're looking for when you find yourself saying "I wish my life had an owner's manual!"
Current Cycles of Growth. Each of us is called to work on different parts of our growth at different times. Is this the time for you to focus on relationships? career? creativity? finances? spirituality? A look at your current astrological cycles shows how the potential in your birth chart is meant to unfold over time, revealing the key challenges and opportunities for growth you'll face in the coming year, and how to make the most of them. Sometimes, the lessons of these cycles are similar, forming a kind of "theme." At other times, there may be tensions between the ways different parts of you are trying to grow. What are the best ways to engage such tensions, or work with such "themes"? A session focusing on current cycles addresses these types of questions. Most of my clients return for an updated Current Cycles reading every 1-2 years.
Relationship Readings. Questions about relationships are one of the most common reasons people seek the services of an astrologer, because relationships are one of the most important parts of life. Astrology offers valuable guidance on the relationship issues that you face, and how best to work through them. I offer three types of readings that can help you make the most of the relationships in your life.
- FIRST: The Birth Chart. While it's understandable, even human nature, to want to know about the other person in a relationship, the first, best, and most important step when seeking guidance about a relationship (whether that guidance is astrological or otherwise) is to understand yourself: when it comes to relationships, what do you need to learn? what are your issues, your struggles, your inclinations when it comes to intimacy, trust, partnership, sexuality? And these questions are best addressed astrologically...through a thorough understanding of one's own birth chart, which I write about above. If you're in a relationship and want help from astrology, get a full, professional birth chart reading before you seek out any of the options outlined below.
- SECOND: A Current Cycles Session. This type of reading speaks to the question: "Which of the relationship issues in my chart, in my life, are being triggered into development right now?" Again, you can read more about this above.
- THIRD: A Synastry/Composite reading. This type of reading, which is best done only AFTER one has had both birth chart and current cycles readings, is comprised of three parts: 1) a mini-analysis of the birth charts of each person, to get a "feel" for who they are as individuals, for what their life lessons are about regardless of any relationship considerations 2) "synastry," which looks at how the two charts "interact": "What are the implications of my Pluto squaring your Mars? What about when your Scorpio Moon falls in MY 4th house? Isn't Mercury about communication; what does it mean that I have Mercury in Cancer and you have Mercury in Aries?" And finally, 3) a look at the "Composite" chart, the chart not for YOU and not for ME but for "US," astrology's version of "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts." The composite chart looks at "the relationship" as if it is a thing in its own right, with its own needs, wants, strengths, and weaknesses. NOTE: For this type of session, I require that BOTH people in the relationship be present for the session.
Three ways to get a reading: in-person, live via phone, direct-to-recording:
- In-person at my Seattle office. As always, I record the reading to an MP3 file so you can review it as often as you'd like.
- Live via phone. This is a good option if you live outside the Seattle area but would still like to participate in your reading. You call me at a prearranged appointment time and we do the reading over the phone. I'll record the reading, including your side of the conversation, to an MP3 audio file, and then email you instructions on how to download that file to your computer, phone, or tablet.
- Direct-to-recording. I record the reading directly to an MP3 audio file, as if I were speaking "to" you, but without you there in person or on the phone. I then send you an email with your charts, and a link to download the MP3. This type of reading is a good option if you are unable to do a session in person at my office or live via phone--for example: if you live in another country, or if for some other reason we find that our schedules simply do not allow for us to be present for the session at the same time.
Fees and payment arrangements:
The fee for each of the types of readings I offer is $320. This includes 1) my prep time 2) the two hour and 15 minute session 3) copies of all relevant charts and other materials, and 4) an MP3 recording of the session. You may pay via cash, check, or PayPal. If you are using PayPal, log in to your PayPal account, and send the payment to my email address: email@example.com.
Below is a bit more information about how I practice astrology:
- Astrology in plain English
Astrology, freedom, and making better choices
I practice "Evolutionary Astrology," which asserts that your soul is on a journey of growth and discovery, that you are responsible for your own choices, and that no planet or sign pre-ordains a specific fate. Evolutionary Astrology offers valuable guidance, while evoking the power of your own freedom, consciousness, and imagination to shape your path. In the River of Life, it's wise to learn which ways the currents are flowing, and...it's also important to learn how to steer!
Astrology in plain English
Part of my job as your astrologer is translating "astro-jargon" into plain English, using language that is understandable, vivid, and helpful, rather than confusing you with astrological jargon. Through the use of stories, imagery, and practical examples, I practice astrology in a way that speaks to your heart as well as your head, and addresses both the concerns of your everyday life and the deeper currents of your soul. I create an atmosphere of warmth, safety, and support that helps you successfully navigate the challenges you face, and experience a richer, more fulfilling life.
Astrology and religion.
Many people with a traditional religious background find themselves interested in an astrology reading, but fear that astrology may somehow be in conflict with their beliefs. I hold a degree in Theology and have years of experience as a minister, so I am uniquely qualified to address these concerns in an informed and sensitive manner. Astrology is simply a tool for discerning Spirit's intentions for you, and as such it is compatible with any spiritual path, belief system, or religion. Feel free to ask me more about thi6